“Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)” Course 7.2 IPC/WHMA-A-620 with Supplemental Hands-On “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Harness Assemblies”
IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the first industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. The Operator program is modularized to allow for maximum flexibility to meet individual needs. This training provides a detailed overview of the IPC/WHMA-A-620A Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Harness Assemblies and is supported by actual cable building exercises and concludes with a qualifying examination.
Upon successful completion of this training program participants will be certified as Certified IPC Specialist (CIS). With this portable credential, you’ll receive immediate recognition and value throughout the Electronics Industry.
- Reference the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard to make acceptable/reject decisions
- Interpret terminology and their definitions
- Successfully pass the open book exams with an 70% or better
Module 1 – (required)
Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures (section 1); Foreword and Applicable
Documents (section 2); Cable/wire preparation (section 3); Measuring Cable Assemblies (section 11);
Testing Cable Assemblies (section 19)
Module 2 – (optional)
Crimp Terminations (section 5) and Insulation Displacement Connections (section 6)
Module 3 – (optional)
Soldered Terminations (section 4)
Module 4 – (optional)
Connectorization (section 9) and Molding/Potting (section10)
Module 5 – (optional)
Splices (section 8)
Module 6 – (optional)
Marking/Labeling (section 12); Wire Bundle Securing (section 14); Shielding (section 15); Protective
Coverings (section 16) Finished Assembly Installation (Section 17)
Module 7 – (optional)
Coaxial and Twinaxial Cable Assemblies (section 13)
Module 8 – (optional)
Solderless Wire Wrap (section 18)
Blackfox Hands-On Training Certification – (optional)
This hands-on training is designed to complement your IPC/WHMA-A-620 training. Participants will learn and practice the techniques necessary to meet the IPC criteria.
Participants will build a cable assembly by demonstrating, after instruction, the ability to:
- Measure and cut wire/cables, strip, and tin wires.
- Assemble and solder terminals, crimp formed contacts (insulated and non-insulated), crimp stamped/machine contacts.
- Assemble BNC connectors to coaxial cable, RJ45 plugs, and ribbon cable.
- Bundle wires and cables using tie wraps, spot ties and continuous lacing
- Documentation and tutorials will be provided.
What the Participant receives:
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard
- IPC “Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)” Certificate
- Cable Harness Kit
- Blackfox Harness Assembly Documentation Packet
- Blackfox skill certificate
Class Length: 4 days
Price: call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts apply.