6.0 IPC J-STD-001 WITH SPACE ADDENDUM CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies with Space Hardware Addendum Requirements
The IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies is the pre-eminent authority for electronics manufacturing. The standard describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high quality soldered interconnections. The standard emphasizes process control and sets industry consensus requirements for electronic products ranging from simple- to high-performance life support systems. Included is an optional module for those who wish to understand the extended requirements for products that must survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments of getting to and operating in space.
This Certification includes the study of six modules, which include: 1) General Study of the Standard, 2) Terminals and Posts, 3) PTH Assembly, 4) SMT Assembly, 5) Inspection, and 6) Space Hardware Addendum. The successful completion of this training and certification will provide immediate recognition and legitimacy.
- The lab soldering demonstrations must meet minimum requirements of the J-STD-001 as determined by the Master Instructor.
- The Space Hardware addendum IS NOT a stand alone module. You must be certified to J-STD-001 to take and obtain certification.
- An overall score of 80% or better on the written exams and on the workmanship samples is necessary for certification.
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
Everyone who successfully completes the IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer Certification and examination will receive all the materials necessary for conducting IPC J-STD-001 Application Specialist Certification and Re-certification including:
- An Instructor Guide for IPC J-STD-001 Application Specialist Certification (on CD ROM)
- CD ROM Containing forms, handouts and visuals
- IPC-AJ-820 Assembly and Joining Handbook
- Artwork for soldering test boards
- CIT Survival Guide
- Space Hardware Addendum, instructor guide, and visuals for Space Hardware training
Prerequisite: Soldering Skills
Class Length: 5 FULL days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.