PROSKILL CTG CERTIFIED INSPECTION COURSE, PRO-STD-001
The Inspection Certification Program is chiefly created to detect counterfeit product upon their receipt. ProSkill CTG highly references all components purchased through non-authorized suppliers as suspect counterfeit until the component is proven otherwise by a series of component inspection check points, basic testing, etc. This applies only to components purchased from a supplier who has not been authorized/licensed by the original component manufacturer to distribute/sell their product lines.
Refurbished components are the major baseline of counterfeit material. Without a control recognition process and a customer concession process in place, a company is at a major risk of installing parts that have not been correctly refurbished in a controlled manner, thereby compromising the integrity of their entire system. The course explains in detail how to recognize used/refurbished components, and a definition of a counterfeit product as it applies to refurbished material is included.
Know Your Counterfeit Component Inspection Check Points! The certification course offers a check sheet to detail the detection and recognition of below-standard and counterfeit components; you will learn how to recognize the telltale markings/counterfeiting processes enabling you to screen out suspect counterfeit components without hesitation. The Inspection Certification Course PRO-STD-001 offers a full color Placard set/s that contains images of actual counterfeit components, arranged side by side with authentic component samples. The program offers hundreds of images of counterfeit and substandard characteristics, along with embedded videos demonstrating the counterfeiting process, specifically the negligent, uncontrolled, and crude refurbishing process.
The certification program PRO-STD-001 concludes with a final examination, and a serialized certificate of competency is presented to those successfully passing the final exam.
Who Should Attend: Military/Depot and field repair technicians, Inwards Goods inspectors for both EMS and OEM companies. Military and Commercial Contract Manufacturing individuals, (i.e. process and quality control engineers,) test technicians, in-process inspectors, outwards goods inspectors, test engineers, supply chain managers, manufacturing and production managers, test technicians, purchasing managers and officers, buyers, supplier quality engineers, non-OEM authorized component suppliers, component and design engineers, and essentially anyone who has an interest in ensuring Counterfeit Electronic Components do not impact their end product, systems, or services they supply.
ProSkill CTG Certified Inspection Course, PRO-STD-001 – Outline
- The definition and understanding of what identifies a counterfeit electronic component per SAE AS5553, a counterfeit component standard used as a guide/model for all ProSkill CTG courses/programs.
- Documented examples of major military systems compromised by unknowingly installing counterfeit electronic replacement parts
- Multiple examples of counterfeit parts and visual representations of suspect and counterfeit parts that have been intercepted using ProSkill CTG’s basic counterfeit check points.
- Images of component internal dies with wire bond deformities provided by a US based X-Ray Equipment manufacturer who travelled to China to procure parts directly from Shenzhen’s Component Mall.
- The importance of developing and implementing a robust internal Counterfeit Component detection procedure
- How to develop a screening process for parts including visual inspection, testing, and other detection means
- What testing processes should be used, and how the results detect counterfeit parts and their effectiveness
- Supplier audit and qualification requirements
- Implementing your own detection, inspection and prevention program.
- Supplier flow down requirements per the AS5553 standard.
- How to disposition counterfeit components, impounding, public database reporting, database management.
- Counterfeit Component Check Sheet; inspect against a list of typical and current detection points, referenced as counterfeit component indicators.
- The recently signed DoD federal law, HR1540 Section 818 defined.
- What a Military Repair Depot needs to be aware of before installing replacement parts ordered from the supplier who in turn purchased the part from a non-franchised unauthorized component supplier normally referenced as a “Brokers/Independent Distributors”.
- Final Exam/Certificate Presentation – Open Q/A Forum
PRO-STD-001 Certification Course Schedule
Day 1: Advanced Counterfeit Component Detection and Prevention Certification Course, PRO-STD-001, 6>< hours.
Day 2: Course overview, (appx. 4 hours.) Final Exam administered, consist of 60 Questions, open notes/placard set allowed during test. The Exams are corrected, PRO-STD-001 serialized competency certificates are awarded to all those who successfully pass this final examination. The advanced certificate course PRO-STD-001 includes a full ProSkill CTG Placard set and ProSkill CTG’s PRO-STD-001 serialized certificate of competency.
For immediate assistance please contact:
Toll Free, 1-888-837-9959 X208